Please join us in welcoming Carmona Pool Services to our MHCA FAMILY, who will be our 2020 Pool Managers this season. I know we are all excited to kick off the season, but there are some additional RULES (beyond No Drinking or Mushie Tushies in the Pool; and can be found on the website and on premises). The CDC and local health officials have added an additional layer of procedures that must be followed. As such, we strongly recommend that EVERYONE read the following:
What a great week it has been and we appreciate everyone’s patience as we continue to navigate through these most unique times.
Please note the following changes to the MHCA Season:
Effective Tuesday, June 30th, the MHCA capacity will increase from 100 to 150 members per session.
Hours of the club will be modified as follows:
First Session: 10:00 am to 1:00pm
The club will be closed from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm for cleaning of the facility
Second Session: Monday thru Friday – 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm, and Saturday and Sunday -2:00 pm to 7:00 pm
If you enter the premises during the 1st shift, you will not be permitted to return to the facility for the 2nd shift. This will allow for more people to enjoy the sun and fun.
Effective Tuesday, July 7th, Members will be allowed to bring up to 2 guests per family during Weekdays ONLY. (Guests are defined as 2 adults, 1 adult and 1 child, or 2 children; no matter the age). For those who do not have a guest pass, EXACT Change will be required. No Exceptions will made.
For those Members who paid early, Guest Passes will be available for pickup on the following dates and times ONLY. Masks MUST be worn and all CDC guidelines will be maintained and followed during this process.
Monday June 29th from 8:00 am to 9:30 am
Tuesday June 30th from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Wednesday July 1st from 8:00 am to 9:30 am
Guest Pass Fees are as follows:
$10/adult (14 y/o and up)
$5/child (3 to 13 y/o)
Children under the age of 2 will be free
1. Upon entering, each person’s temperature will be checked upon arrival, along with signing the COVID19 Screening Questionnaire.
2. Everyone must practice social distancing while standing in line.
3. Check Out is required prior to exiting the property.
4. At this time, the total capacity onsite will be 100.
1. Only one person will be allowed into the restrooms at a time, unless they are from the same household.
2. Foot coverings must be worn in the restrooms.
3. Patrons must practice good hand hygiene.
4. The COVID Ambassador will spray down the areas that were used with disinfectant spray.
Pool and Pool Area
1. The pool area has been set up with a 6-foot distance between lounge chairs in groups of 2 or 4 to promote social distancing, which follows the requirements set by the CDC and the New Jersey Department of Health. If a lounge chair has the back flipped over, it is not to be used. It needs to be disinfected.
2. Must Bring Towel to Place on Chaise/Chair
3. No face covering should be worn in the pool. This is a safety issue and can cause drowning.
4. Sanitize hands upon entering and exiting the pools.
5. Practice Social Distancing in the pool
6. Face covering must be worn when walking the pool deck or when social distancing can’t be done
7. The kiddie pool area capacity will be limited to 20.
8. All other pool rules and pool area rules will still apply.
1. The lifeguards and staff will have designated safe zones. Patrons are not allowed in these zones.
2. Social distancing must be practiced
3. Face covering must be worn when, signing in, signing out, walking the pool deck and when social distancing cannot be performed.
4. Face coverings are not required while sitting in chairs or at the snack bar tables, since they are set up to practice social distancing.
5. No Coolers
6. Playground, GaGa Pit and Basketball areas will remain closed at this time.
7. CDC Covid-19 Signs will be posted at the entrance and between the bathrooms for everyone’s to read
8. When Lifeguards are not on the stand, they will help enforce the COVID-19 guidelines
9. Lifeguards will wear PPE (personal protective equipment) when working with patrons for minor or major emergencies.
The Lifeguards, COVID-19 Ambassadors, Gate Guards, and Onsite Super will be strictly enforcing the COVID-19 Guidelines, Community Rules and Carmona Pool Services’ rules. Carmona Pool Services and the MHCA Board of Trustees are here to provide a safe and enjoyable environment. If the rules cannot be followed, you will be asked to leave the premises.
We thank you for your continued patience and look forward to seeing you poolside!